Monday 29 June 2015

Mid-June's One a Day

Much to my surprise I’m still taking at least one a day. This is the time of the year when gardens are full of colour that explains why flowers appear quite regularly in this series. For my own pleasure I’m doing a Blurb book with all the shots and thoughts; looking through it so far I’m fairly pleased with my efforts. One thing that stands out like a sore thumb is that there are few landscapes or even complete objects, the majority of the images are details which I now find much more interesting than the whole thing and of course every thing is in colour. Something like 30/40 years ago I did a lot of mono landscapes, which, as speakers are fond of saying, ‘did me well in exhibitions’. I then found the wonderful worlds of William Eggleston, Martin Parr and Paul Graham, all of who shoot colour.

Enough of that back to one a day…….

09-06 A pit winding wheel at the Museum of Cannock Chase

10-06 Found on a bus shelter seat, chipped paint and rust.

11-06 Fresh strawberries and clotted cream, summers come at last.

12-06 Common iris

13-06 All these warnings for a scented candle! Many years ago I was taught to make instruction manuals simple enough for an Irish man and then simplified it! (Apologies to any Irish readers) but this is for complete idiots.

14-06 A pint of Hob Goblin

15-06 Seen in Bournville village

16-06 My roof sprang a leak, repairs done quickly and reasonably priced by Ben

17-06 I think someone’s trying to tell me something! I’ll take the option any day.

18-06 Shopping in Sutton.





















Tony Middleton

No comments:

Post a Comment