Tuesday 24 March 2015

One a Day

Last week’s efforts. I hope that this project is not becoming boring. I have no way of really knowing. Apart from the occasional comment on a club night feedback is sadly lacking. The taking of the images is certainly not boring, frustrating at times when it proves difficult to put an idea into the finished image but above all it is making me more observant. I know I bang on about commenting but it's by sharing ideas that you learn. Sadly I missed the beginners evening as I was tired after a busy day but I gather that a lot of chat about the pictures went on. That IMHO is far better than the usual offerings from the monthly pontiff who is generally following the perceived 'correct' way to judge. 

Have you ever considered that to judge something you need rules, if photography is an art form then there can be no rules; look at the great painters, Turner, Degas, Monet etc and the rules so beloved of the club judge are rarely to be seen. Les McLean the fine art printer and much more uses this quote, 'Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul.'

Tony Middleton










No comments:

Post a Comment