Wednesday 28 January 2015

Week 4 of "Take One a Day" NY Resolution

Still plodding on. Maybe a few notes on the techniques being used may be of interest some. Don't forget I grew up when all you had to control a camera was the aperture, shutter speed and focus. The film you used determined the ISO. I've always believed in KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) so I use aperture priority for 99% of my shots 'cos that determines the depth of field. I'm more than happy to let the camera work out the focus and exposure so I can concentrate on what's in the viewfinder. Oh yes; all the shots are fine Jpeg's, the Fuji's do a pretty good job with the colour so long as I've set the WB correctly. A saying one of my tutors drilled into us was ‘technique is subservient to image content’. Worth remembering.

End of rant!
Enjoy 

Tony Middleton














No comments:

Post a Comment