Wednesday 9 April 2014

Visiting Boscastle

Whilst visiting Boscastle today taking a few picture I suddenly found two elderly American ladies standing behind me watching. The first lady said to me “Wow what a beautiful scene, I bet that would make a nice picture.” I agreed, she then went on to tell about the disaster in 2004 describing how this massive wave came in through the harbour and swept up the valley. I’m afraid I made the fatal mistake of correcting her. I pointed out that it was caused by the river in flood heading down stream in conjunction with a high tide. Her friend smirked and the first lady suggested it was time to leave. The second agreed with her and as they were walking away I heard the first lady say, “Well he looks like he has all the right equipment but I doubt he can take a good picture.”






More images to follow!

Tony Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment