Wednesday 19 June 2013

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside.....

A couple of days in Llandudno, Sunday glorious weather; Monday, when these were taken, back to normal cold and showery. The visitors seem to fall into two distinct groups, young families with youngsters and a more mature set who made Maggie and I both feel and hopefully in comparison look a lot younger than we are!

 
 

 
 

 

 


 
I always feel sad after a trip to one of our seaside resorts, all those magnificent hotels along the front, the Victorian B&B’s in the side streets both needing a bit of TLC in most cases. The stalls and shops selling tacky ‘souvenirs’ or trying, usually unsuccessfully, to get into the 21st century.  Mind you some of the restaurants are getting there, we had a super Chinese meal one evening and excellent Welsh lamb the next; both not inexpensive but very good value.
 
My pier images are nowhere as good as Tony D’s, I’ll admit I made the fundamental mistake, left the spare battery in the hotel.  We all do it at some time and any one who says otherwise is telling porkies.

Please click here to see more

Tony Middleton

No comments:

Post a Comment